LA-Lawman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welp,

i had a reefmania skimmer built. I like it but i want it to perform better.

it is 27" tall. 8" body, two recirc pumps. here is the link....

http://homepage.mac.com/westsidecopper/ ... bum25.html

I would like to find a way to minimize the turbulance in the chamber. I see that the bubble king skimmers use a dispersion plate.

do you think if i capped a piece of PVC tube and drilled holes in it it would reduce some of the turb in the body? or do ou think it will force bubble to combine and become larger.....

I pulled it out and am running my ER cs8-2+

let me know what your thoughts are....

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a nice skimmer.

Would reducing the turbulence inside increase performance? I haven't heard that before.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LA-LAwman wrote:

do you think if i capped a piece of PVC tube and drilled holes

I don't quite get how you plan this mod? What size PVC cap are you going to use? Where exactly are you going to install this drilled cap/PVC tube?

Louey

LA-Lawman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, I also thought about having a dispersion plate made and placing it over the top of the two 45's in there.

those 45's come off as well.

I was gonna cut a small length of PVC, drill the holes, cap them and the attach them...

I am also looking for ideas....

jg24

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lawman,

FYI, I have ordered the valves we talked about from overseas. Maybe they will help reduce the air volume, hence lesson the turbulance.

LA-Lawman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was thinking the same thing. i see most the problem at the flange/neck. not so much in the body.

i was tinkering with some plastic sheets. i will take some pics and send them to ya.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: