A

Anonymous

I have a 46 gallon reef and I am looking for a small type of fish to go into the tank. What are some recommendations? I have lots of corals so it has to be reef friendly and get along with the pair of percs I have that are nested in the RBTA. The clowns are still very small at about 1.25 and 1.5 inches. I have a total system of 54 gallons. Thanks for your suggestions.

ptown rich

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clown gobies or any kind of shrimp goby would be ok.The clown gobies love to play in corals.Just try not to get a mated pair of the same kind if you have sps.They will nip off polyps to lay eggs.The coral will recover though.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DO NOT get a bi-color, as they nip SPS.

Get a flame hawk!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diamond Goby. I love mine. And he sifts the sand, he has a purpose.

WRASSER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have all three blennies and they dont nip at my corals, SnowManSnow is correct the six-lines are under rated and they do jump, lost three that way.
Yellow eye-kole tang will fit in nice, just get the smallest one you can find :wink:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you like the Bi Color Blenny get the Bi Colored Pseudochromis instead. If he is the last fish it should be cool and he won't touch your corals - maybe small shrimp though.

Minh Nguyen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fire fish
Orchid Dottyback
Lots of Shrimp gobies and shrimp
Jaw fish either the Yellow head or blue Spot
Royal Gramma

Meloco14

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow Watchman Goby for a bottom dweller. Neon gobies are cool. They will perch half the time and free swim half the time. Mine did some cleaning services too. Plus they are tank raised. If you have a cover on your tank you can get some flasher or fairy wrasses. Or firefish. I had a sixline wrasse and he was very fun to watch. He is always moving, hunting the rocks and darting in and out of holes. His eyes rotate in different directions. I have heard they may bully certain quieter fish though, like firefish. HTH

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Captive bred Orchid Dottyback - quite possibly the best small reef fish ever. 8)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: