A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how come you still have those little rinky dinky powerheads in the tank?? :)

da colts1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
actually, that is a cut off tip maxijet that has quite a bit of flow coming out of it because of the mod. and on the other side is a full modded maxijet1200 that is pushing an estimated 1200 to 1800 gph....flow problems are a thing of the past

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! If only I had the money for the vortechs! :D

But quick question, I actually just did the mod on the MJs where you cut the tips off. I'm happy so far with the improvement. But what's the other mod on the MJ on the other side that you mention? I didn't catch it on the video. Is it the mod that makes the maxijet work like a tunze? Or something different??

Thank you!

pwj1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bleedingthought":19cbqgbe said:
Looks great! If only I had the money for the vortechs! :D

But quick question, I actually just did the mod on the MJs where you cut the tips off. I'm happy so far with the improvement. But what's the other mod on the MJ on the other side that you mention? I didn't catch it on the video. Is it the mod that makes the maxijet work like a tunze? Or something different??

Thank you!

Search Seio and Tunze maxijet mod. IMO, not worth the trouble unless you were mass producing them and sellin them 20 bucks a piece. By the time you spend all that effort into making one, you might as well just by a Seio.

30 something for Maxi Jet + parts and labor + time = should have just bought a seio.

da colts1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in order to get the flow of this modded maxi jet, you would have to get the larger seio, this thing is not very big at all and the flow is fantasic. and after all a seio is still a rio

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that tunze mod is in my plans! Soon!

I was going with a tunze. But I do hear that the "stream" MJs push more water anyhow! In a different way too! Plus, I only paid 15 bucks for each of my MJ 1200s, plus 35 bucks to mod all three, you're looking at 80 bucks for three "tunzes"! :D

Da colts, any advice on building the mod? I've never done anything of the sort so any wise words would be greatly appreciated! :wink:

TIA

da colts1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well here is da deal from da colts..........i personally can't nail 2 boards together. i found a place online that sells the mod already built.
it's reefdom.com. worth every penny. he also sells an acryllic holder that allow you to pur it on your tank without using suction cups.

da colts1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
believe me, if i could have made 1 i would have it's much cheaper. but the thought of the prop shooting off at high speed while taking out the side of my tank made me miss a couple of lunches and pony up the bucks. :D

da colts1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is a pic of the unit, it really a professionally done instrument.
1111111115Large.jpg
upper left of the tank[/img]

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who long does it take to do the MJ/Tunze mod?

da colts wrote:

believe me, if i could have made 1 i would have it's much cheaper. but the thought of the prop shooting off at high speed while taking out the side of my tank made me miss a couple of lunches and pony up the bucks.

What exactly are you talking about here? What would make the prop shoot off and take out the side of your tank?

Loouey

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: