A

Anonymous

I have an open brain coral that was recedeing due high nitrates and my taking care of baby/dog/wife. I corrected the problem, should my brain start to grow back? I think it only lost 1/4" on 1/3 of the coral.

Meloco14

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as your water quality is good it should recover, assuming it's not too far gone. I have had good success with corals coming back to life. You may want to try feeding it directly. If it is too stressed it won't feed, so don't force it, but see if it will take a piece of fish when you offer it. You may need to offer it a couple times, but it's worth a shot.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most LPS can bounce back. It may take a while though. If the water conditions are right, give it some time.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
should my brain start to grow back?

Only after you admit that the refs won the game for the steelers, and that the seahawks actually won the game on the field.

On a coral note, I have had LPS grow back from non existance. I usually am given dying or "dead" corals by the LFS because I have a habit of bringing them back to life. I have about a 75% rate with it. Tubastreas and LPS are the usual suspects. As long as your parameters are ok you should be able to recover them. I have one branch of caulerstea that is about a year old and is just now making a good enough recovery that I will consider taking it to a store for credit.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: