A

Anonymous

I need a new sump. I need to be able to have more room in my stand to work on my reactor/pumps.

My current sump is a 20G High tank that is 24x12x16.

The ideal sump for me would be a 20x12x16.

Anyone make these?

A 10G wil lbe too small to old a skimmer, heater, probes and return pump. The 15G high will be too high for me to get the skimmer out to clean.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I missing something with that link? It just has the All-Glass tank specs.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why don't you just make it. I've got a friend who uses plexiglass and a cement to glue the pieces together... they come out great!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know how and I would be affraid is lack of knowledge equalling flood.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rob_Reef_Keeper":sjvqt4kj said:
I dont know how and I would be affraid is lack of knowledge equalling flood.

From what I understand it's fairly straight forward, and before you use it you test it out and make sure every thing's cool. That way you can plan it out exactly how you want it and you don't have to compromise.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How can you test a tank. It may be strong enough to hold water the first day but what about after a week/month. I would be affraid of the seams popping.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rob_Reef_Keeper":2602nw51 said:
How can you test a tank. It may be strong enough to hold water the first day but what about after a week/month. I would be affraid of the seams popping.

True. How do you know your tank will hold when a kid decides to throw a shoe at it? You don't. I do know he made my sump about 4 years ago, and it's still holding water. ;)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear ya on that.

I just dont have a clue on how to do it or the tools.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I by no means am not handy... but I think I would attempt this, because it's not critical until you say it is, ya know? You can do all kinds of testing with it before you put it into production! :lol:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wings":2qs8qd5v said:
I by no means am not handy... :lol:

This means that you are (by all means) handy, no?

And I agree by your suggestion that you are probably quite handy...andthat the OP could probably piece one together :)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JohnHenry":2hx8la3b said:
wings":2hx8la3b said:
I by no means am not handy... :lol:

This means that you are (by all means) handy, no?

And I agree by your suggestion that you are probably quite handy...andthat the OP could probably piece one together :)

:lol: I'm not handy. No kidding. I just don't think it's rocket science either though. FWIW, I don't like spending money on stuff that you can get for an eighth of the cost that's all.

WRASSER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rob,
Cant you buy another 20 high and look at the old one and silicone the baffles as needed? It does not need to be exactomento, just get it as close as you can :wink:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered a new sump from Aquarium Specialty. They do custom work and a very good price.

I hand sketched out exactly what I wanted for a sump, complete with a rack to hold float switches, probes, carbon reactors and the sump will have a total of 8 baffles in it. We discussed my design on the phone so that every thing is understood on both ends.

If you would like a used sump, I am going to have one for sale. It's 150 gallons. The reason I have to replace it is because it is too tall. I can't work in it and I'm tired of it. So I am finally admitting my mistake and getting a new sump.

I'll start a thread when the new sump arrives in two or three weeks.

Louey

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasser wrote:

How much for the old sump

I paid $900. It is 48X24X31 glasscage.com glass tank that they modified into a sump. There are pictures of it on page one of my 300G thread.

I would take any reasonable offer as I realize that this sump is highly specialized and few people have a need for a sump this big.

If you really interested, PM me.

I figured I try to sell it in all of the "for sale" forums on the boards.

Louey

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wraser the problem is with the 20G high now the CA reactor is wedged in the stand and I get at it. A 3Ft tank SUCKS for a reef tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: