JKDMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a sea-clone 100 ...skimmer and usually the thing works great but recently its been hard to keep going ,like when i remove the collection cup to empty it it doesnt want to start kimming again,and in the past few days i havent been able to get the bubbles to rise up the tube of the skimmer for mor than a few minutes,even when the venturi is allthe way open....any ideas thx

dnorton1978

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your's in tank or sump? If it is in tank you may need to cleen the Jtube. Also the sponge filter that is on it might be clogged. I replace mine every month or 2, but clean every couple of weeks.

Even when all of that is clean and I clean my collection cup it takes most of the day to begin skimming good again.

Hopefully this is helpful.

The rest of the advice from the RDO club will say that sea clone stinks and to replace it. I do agree it is not the best skimmer, but as long as it is working, keep it.

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure it is clean.

Other than that maybe someone else can chime in.

You MAY consider upgrading skimmers. A very good hang-on skimmer is the AquaC Remora.

B

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might be selling my AquaC Remora very soon if I tank my tank apart in a few weeks.

It is a great hang on skimmer.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: