A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should have went, but I had stuff to do with my kids that kept me busy all weekend. It's a shame to since I am in Houston.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
geckofrog":nu8xsfox said:
Did you hear they gave away over 50 Euro Reef skimmers?

I wanted to go. :(

Is it too late to get one of those skimmers?

geckofrog

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well they really didn't "give" them away, there was a raffle. However the raffles were either $2 $5 or $10. The $10 raffle was for a 24" LED lighting system. (very cool)

I didn't get a chance to enter the raffle, I had to leave around 1:00 to drive back to Dallas (the drawing was at 3 and you had to be present to win) but, the odds are in favor of winning that raffle. I love my RC80 by Euro-Reef, but I would have liked to have goten it for free!

Also at Macna they had a lot of interesting new products which you can look at the above link at.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Above link doesn't work for me. It says I need to log in?

Anyway, MACNA sounds like a lot of fun.
I'll PM you my address and you can send off that skimmer, Thanks! :D

geckofrog

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol. Sure thing, but first you will have to get my cold dead grip-locked fingers off of it.

You have to be a member to see the pictures I think?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
geckofrog":3qjc3601 said:
You live in Houston and didn't go? Did you hear they gave away over 50 Euro Reef skimmers?

I did not go. I have not been home much in the past year and had things to do with my kids.

geckofrog

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
spending time with the family is good. Now if you could convince them to spend time with you while at a day at Macna would be better ;)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
geckofrog":183kqv9v said:
spending time with the family is good. Now if you could convince them to spend time with you while at a day at Macna would be better ;)

If we would not have had softball games, birthday parties, etc they would have wanted to go. The kids enjoy fish stores and stuff as much as I do, if not more. Having the kids enjoy the tank so much makes it an easier sell to the wife.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pwj1286":1daay9fx said:
I will make the trip next year. I live in the New Orleans area and Houston is not too far, maybe I will make a mini vacation out of it, go to SixFlags and sight see.

Six Flags is closed down. Sorry.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might go to the pittsburgh one, depends mostly on which vendors sign up to have booths. I still have great memories of Bob Mankin's booth back in '98 :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to MACNA in Houston! If you came by the Seahorse.org booth, I was there, most likely. If you saw any pirates, well, that was us, too.

Next year I'm definately going to Pittsburgh. We're planning a Life Aquatic Party. Red caps and speedos, yo!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: