Galvan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed that after a water change within the next couple of days I get some brown algae on the glass walls. It is not much but it can be noticed after the water change. just wandering why this would happen.

dnorton1978

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Galvan,

On one of your previous post I inquired about your water you use for water changes. Can you tell me if you are using RO/DI, tap, well. Thanks.

Galvan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using RO water. I'm getting this from these companies that put their RO system thorugh the city for bottled water. So I actually go out and get 25 gallons of this bottled water and bring it home. I'm also using Oceanic salt mix. I have checked for PH, cal, nitrate in my freshly made salt water and nitrate is at 0. This also tells me my kits seem to be O.I.

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diatoms are usually from higher silicates. If they arnt very bad and clear up fast I wouldnt worry about them but if they are persistant you may want to switch salts I am not a fan of oceanic salt, and start using a home RO/DI unit. You can get one from www.Buckeyefieldsupply.com for $130. If you are buying RO water for .99 a gallon then the unit pays for itself with in a few water changes.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: