Given a choice.. which would you rather have?

• a 70 gallon aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a 60 gallon aquarium

• they're like potato chips.. get both!

• neither one.. hold out for the more expensive 118 or larger...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A

Anonymous

Right now I am voting for the 70, which I agree might be a 75 that he just sloppily measured, since AGA lists their 75 as 48x18x20.

A 75 is a nice tank. Not too big, not too small.

I have a three foot long 65 and it is my favorite size tank. I have had much bigger tanks but I prefer a to run a moderate size one, I find them cheaper and easier to maintain (and move if you need to! 8O ) than a giant tank.

A

Anonymous

Is your 120 considered moderatly sized. My 150 is approaching large. The 3/4" glass bottom makes it really heavy.

A

Anonymous

I think the 120 is getting a bit bigger than I want to deal with. We moved this summer and getting it up the basement stairs and into my vehicle just about killed me. Not that I anticipate moving again but we do seem to have to move every few years for one reason or another and I always have a hard time carrying my "half" of the tank. Seems all my friends become mysteriously busy when it is tank moving day.
:lol:

Marcus and I decided to each have our own tanks when we moved into the new house, because we had different ideas about what we wanted in a tank, so he took the 120, and I got the 65, and I think it is perfect. Since it is three feet long, pre made lighting systems are not as much $$$ as if I had to get lighting for a four foot tank. It takes less pumpage to keep up nice flow, and it was easier to place in a nice viewing spot in the house because it need less wall space. Not to mention a 5 gallon water change on a 65 has a much bigger impact than it does on a 120.

Of course if we move again I probably will have to carry half of the 120 anyway. :roll: :lol:

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one of the deciding factors in buying a new tank should be the WIDTH of the tank. youll be happier and be able to put more in a thick tank (front to back). I have 24 inches.. and could use more!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you seen these tanks in person yet? One thing I would suggest, is to closely look at the glass for scratches before you hand over the cash.

A few little scratches are normal for a used glass tank, but I bought a 90 gallon once, and didn't realize until we had set it up that it was really really scratched up. Very disappointing. It didn't occur to me at the time to look for that.

Anubis1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah.. i've seen all three..
the 60 has the most mineral deposits.. so it's hard to tell if it was scratched up under all that or not.
the 70 has some mineral.. no scratches that I noticed
the 118 had fish in it (freshwater) and it looked ok from what I could tell..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: