A

Anonymous

Just figured I'd share since I was in a picture-taking mood yesterday. The rest of my shots are in the Collector's Forum.

tank101206.jpg

bartletts.jpg

I'd had the bartlett's for about 2 months now...eats like a pig and has destroyed 3 of the 4 green chromis I put in the tank with him.

Peace,

Chip

A

Anonymous

Checked out your other shots in the collectors forum. Where do you find those really nice acans and the other LPS (I'll never spell it correctly). Are the prices still redicously high like they were a while back?

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wazzel":2z2p405w said:
Checked out your other shots in the collectors forum. Where do you find those really nice acans and the other LPS (I'll never spell it correctly). Are the prices still redicously high like they were a while back?
Ditto.

???

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wings":16e28of7 said:
Hey Chip, what does he eat? (aside from chromi)

Brine & Mysis like nobody's business. He really is a big pig.

Peace,

Chip

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wazzel":tx08w9uw said:

Well, a few of those are older. The last shot of the light red indo colony and the purple frag came from my buddy Chad in a trade.

The large red non-indo colony I grew from a 3-polyp frag that was $65/polyp back when the craze was big.

I would have to do a shot-by-shot analysis for the small non-indo lord polyps. Nearly all were expensive, and one is small now, but was bought as a 3-polyp frag back when the craze was huge and then died off for some reason...then recovered. It's been a long strange trip. :)

Peace,

Chip

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bleedingthought":3lk56ltu said:
Wazzel":3lk56ltu said:
Ditto.

???

To answer the micromussa cost questions, it's across the board. The first pic is close to $75-100 per polyp (Orange Mist Micro). The second is around $35-50 polyp (Fraggle Reef UFO Micro). The third is cheap...about $15-25/polyp (purple & green Micro from Jendub). The fourth is a color-morphed Doughnutz frag from Jendub. Doesn't look anything like the original, but is now coloring up very nicely on it's own. It's around $30-50 per polyp.

Peace,

Chip

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some other random thoughts...

The elegance is captive bred, acquired from my buddy LeoNERD Ho. :D

The UFO Chalice is from Jendub, currently $180 per frag. Mine is about twice the size from when I acquired it even tho my rainbow lobophyllia (purchased locally) stung the hell out of the right side.

The orange crush acan echinata was grown from a 2-3 polyp frag purchased when the craze was big (I think I paid $100 for it).

The zoos were all either purchased locally or frags were donated from generous online peeps after my last move when I lost nearly everything.

The grandis palythoas were purchased locally, and he's still got a HUGE colony that I'm trying to wrest away from him. :)

Candycane, torch, frogspawn were all purchased from the same guy...he has a great shop, and gets everything from transshipping.

The random SPS cluster next to the torch (green digitata, green pavona, pinkish pocillapora) all came from Wade.

True Leng Sy capricornis and purple-polyp montipora came from Karl (Unarce).

Hrm...I think that's it. Yellow tang, fridmani pseudochromis, flame cardinal, and green chromis all came locally. :)

Peace,

Chip

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: