Jimmy G

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Kent Maxxima HiS 60 GPD unit. Im replacing the membrane with a 100 GPD. I was told by the vendor I just need to purchase a 100 GPD flow restrictor which is on its way. Are these easily installed and where do they go? Thanks

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes - Mine went on the outlet of the RO membrane housing. it slides right in.

SlipperMan

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goes on the waste side of your RO membrane output. Not sure how the Kent is exactly, but mine has a piece of tubing coming out of the housing, into the flow restrictor, and then another piece. It just slips right in.

kgross

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I remember correctly on my old kent, it had the small tubing installed into the poly tube coming out of the housing.

It can be hard to see, but if you remove the tubing from the waste output of the RO unit, you should see a washer like thing with a long thin tube connected to it. On the 100 GPD membrane, you will have a shorter tube on the same washer like thing.

It looks like this
fr.jpg

But as everybody has said it is on the waste water line from the membrane, and is either right where it connects to the RO unit, or it could be in a 3 or 4 inch long thing a few inches from the membrane.

Jimmy G

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the help. Just like you said it went on the waste line where it connects to the membrane. I would have changed over to a higher GPD membrane alot sooner if I knew it was that easy.

Thanks again!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: