A

Anonymous

We moved in a new aquarium on Tuesday. My wife and I didn't get to bed untill 3AM that night. My dogs woke us up 4 hours later and I continued filling up the tank. I stayed up untill 2AM this morning working on the tank as well. I still have another 50 gallons or so of water to make up before I can fire up the sump. We managed to deliver one of our foster dogs to her new home on tuesday. We have found a new home for the other foster as well. Either tomorrow or next week we will be getting another border collie foster and a very pregnant lab that will be giving birth to her pups at our house. We also have 26 1 day old chickens arriving within the next few days.

Someone please get some extra sleep for me because it does not look like I am going to get much in the next few days.

New tank pics below

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

023.jpg

A

Anonymous

They are still a little weak at times but they are much better than they were. I can climb steps and stuff if I am not hauling to much weight in my hands. Other than just being exhausted my biggest problem is the fact that I have been working with salt water for the past 3 days straight and I have discovered were every small cut and scratch is on my entire body. I feel like I am caked in salt. I washed the bed sheets and am waiting for them to dry. Hopefully with clean sheets and a shower I can get a decent nights rest.

A

Anonymous

Ugh man. I hear ya. We're four weeks away from the biggest scientific conference in the world, and now that I'm in charge of the instruments, I'm responsible for making sure everyone else has good data as well as myself. This conference is my boss' baby, and all his students have to make a good showing, or else. I'm still drilling and running my own samples, trying to get done to free up the instruments for everyone else. Three days in a row I've been in the lab since about 1 AM, and I have to go back again tonight to weigh out a run and start the mass spec.

A

Anonymous

Uh oh... <sea wonders when the tang police will poke their heads in>. ALMOST makes me wanna.... nope. Doesn't make me wanna. Maybe if we lived in an area with good access to a decent B&M LFS.

A

Anonymous

I've been thinking of setting up a new tank too, the LFS by me has a 250 with a starphire front in stock. I tried planted for a couple months, now have an oscar and needlefish, freshwater just doesnt do it.

A

Anonymous

the Beak":39q6z5fq said:
I've been thinking of setting up a new tank too, the LFS by me has a 250 with a starphire front in stock. I tried planted for a couple months, now have an oscar and needlefish, freshwater just doesnt do it.

I tried the FW route also. It lasted 6 mos until i reverted back to SW.

In the words of my LFS guy: "Freshwater is boring."

A

Anonymous

I'm thinking a couple pairs of seahorses. I can use an old 50g I have in my basement, still have all my old liverock, I could probably set it up for relatively cheap, especially compared to buying a new large tank. I sold most of my old reef equipment, all I have left are my T5 lights that I put new bulbs in for the plants, and a couple tanks that I kept.

A

Anonymous

I tried a planted as well. It spends most of it's time with the glass covered in algae and all of the plants died in the move. I am going to put the fish in our pond and start getting it ready to use as a breeder tank for Bangai Cardinals.

We just picked up the baby chickens and they are all healthy and in their brooder. It looks like I may be able to catch up on sleep by getting in a nap today.

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank, looks like it will be sweet. I slept a whole 8 hours last night woot! Got the night to myself for once, my son slept at his grandparents :P

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got about five hours last night. I am still making up fresh salt water and should have the sump filled today. Of course I am going to have to keep mixing water for water changes while the tank cycles, but I should be able to slow down on the mixing.

If I could get my dogs to let me sleep in I would get a lot more sleep, but they are not adjusting to the time change and I have to get up and let them out when they start barking since my wife works a night shift and needs the sleep.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
asmith":26toaksw said:
If I could get my dogs to let me sleep in I would get a lot more sleep, but they are not adjusting to the time change ...

Mine haven't adjusted either so I know what you mean. Tank is looking good 8)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is finally full of water. All I need to do now is drill the holes in the caps on the durso stand pipes. Now we can slow down on mixing water since we will only need to make enough for water changes.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: