dadstank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he didn't make it....
i've attached some photos i just took of his mouth......

poor guy, now that i look at it closely i doubt he could eat. his mouth was nearly full to the point that you almost can't see his teeth.

any one seen anything like this before?

(the fish is clamped in a pair of tweezers and it is making his eyes bulge out slightly. with exception to his mouth the rest of the fish is completely normal....)

rest in peace little freddy....
:(

Attachments

• DSC06959.JPG
    DSC06959.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 336
  • DSC06962.JPG
    DSC06962.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 337
  • DSC06966.JPG
    DSC06966.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 337
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not quite like that, but it sure looks like it starved to death.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I"ve seen some bristle tooth tangs get something similar to the "puffy lip" syndrome all around their mouth, usually when that happen the fish is doomed since that's the way it eats and it will starve to death. Can't say what exactly happened there. Almost looks like a sore as he tried to eat a bristleworm or something.

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking it looked like he got his snout stuck in a powerhead intake and got an infection or something. Too bad :(

dadstank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i thought about that also, but the powerheads are 2 koralia 4s and 1 maxijet 1200 with the little cap thing on it....

i also thought about the heater, but the sailfin eats off it while it is on all the time.....

dadstank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
s'alright....
he's a little beyond help at this point...

i guess he is now a point for future reference.
he always said he'd like to be able to give something back!
:)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: