A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've not tried it, but Giesemann are supposed to be one of the best makes. Certainly one of the best looking as welL!

John Kh

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is good to hear :D I do not care much about looking because they will be hidden within the frame of the tank. But I was wondering about performance and efficiency.

The new store opening here got some with Nuvo, 250W and made in Germany. I was trying to look for them and I encountered this one. I assume it is the same one. I hope actually. So as usual I kept on asking and asking... :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trouble is, I think, that Giesemann products are expensive when sold in Germany, even more expensive in the rest of Europe and even more so in the US. You might try asking here, as I think there will be more people who have tried them.

John Kh

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy said 435 USD per one uncluding a bulb. And this is less expensive then the ones the guy doing my tank, he told me he has some and he sells them at 600 USD per one including a bulb. What I saw again was something written on NUVO and made in Germany. With the same shape of the Giesemann Nova II. So I assume they are the same. Plus I do not really trust the guy who is doing the tank anymore. I am trying to ask more about stuff he is getting and what he is doing.

John Kh

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are being really helpful :D I should go anyway and check again. By the way do you know if Marine Crystals Salt is a good brand? I am currently using Tetra Marine Salt and I noticed last time between the Inventory the new store has, was Marine Crystal Salt I assume. Is it better then Tetra?!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, no idea. I always used to use Instant Ocean...

John Kh

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The correct name is Reef Crystals :D Ok. Maybe i can ask if Instant Ocean is available somewhere here. Thank you anyway.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
John Kh":1ievz5cy said:
The correct name is Reef Crystals :D Ok. Maybe i can ask if Instant Ocean is available somewhere here. Thank you anyway.

Hmmm. I have this sneaking suspicion that reef crystals were made by the same company as IO. Might render a similar result.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
John Kh":2o2ol12c said:
I still do not know what you have in you tank!!

Alas, I am currently without a tank (but relentlessly researching as I should be able to set up another within a year). This was my old tank.

Attachments

• Small.jpg
    Small.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 595

John Kh

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such a pretty tank and a pretty collection of corals and fish. I love those Chromis ... :D Good luck setting up the new tank.

John Kh

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for mine to finish too, but it is obviously taking much more time than I though. Listen this just occured to me; if a fixture come comes with a bulb of 13,000K. Can I get another one of 20,000? Of course with the same Whattage!! For example this Nova II comes with 13,000K bulb 250W. Can I switch it with a 20,000K bulb 250W?? Possible? Or the fixture is designed to accpet only one K rate and W rate!?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
John Kh":1c7bmntf said:
I am looking for mine to finish too, but it is obviously taking much more time than I though. Listen this just occured to me; if a fixture come comes with a bulb of 13,000K. Can I get another one of 20,000? Of course with the same Whattage!! For example this Nova II comes with 13,000K bulb 250W. Can I switch it with a 20,000K bulb 250W?? Possible? Or the fixture is designed to accpet only one K rate and W rate!?

You can use whatever kelvin lamp you like, but as you say, stick with the same wattage. For info, the bulbs in the picture above were 14k Hamilton DE bulbs.

John Kh

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I read, they were 13K but I want 20K. Is Hamilton double ended bulb diffrent then other double ended bulb as well? I mean those small details!! I hate them :S

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any DE bulb should fit fine into any DE fixture. Don't worry about all the questions - better to ask and get it right rather than not ask and regret not having done so....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: