A

Anonymous

absolutely, the TF stands for Thin Film, you get ice crystals forming inside they can wreck it.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the clarification, I figured that, but I had second thoughts thinking that it may be flexible and not fracture from ice.

A

Anonymous

If not fractured, the ice crystal will damage the pores, and make it too permeable for large ions to be useful for filtration purpose.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys, I replaced the TFC membrane, and now I can't get RO water, I get good flow out of the "bad" water, but no drip from the clean water? Any ideas? I checked all my connections and am pushing 80psi out of the main line to my house.

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure the membrane is seated properly? If the new membrane isnt fully seated this might be your issue. Be sure the O-rings on the ed of the membrane are in tact and not pinched.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if ice crystals poked holes in your membrane I would think that you'd get water out no problem, it just wouldn't be terribly clean.

Double check everything, pull it out, and reinstall it.

Did the new membrane work before?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll double check and reinstall, the new membrane did not work to begin with, just a flow of "dirty" water, I'm thinking the 2 seals on the end pinched, or isn't seated properly. This is the first time I am doing it, so it's beginners trials. thanks guys

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: