• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

kevindub

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read a lot of different opinions, and I wanted to get opinions/experiences here. What fish are reported to eat flatworms? They are driving me crazy, the rusty brown ones.

kgross

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not found any that go a really good job all the time. I have tried mandarins, 6 line wrasse, 8 line wrasse, xmas wrasse, melanarius wrasse.

I ended up using saliferts flatworm exit to kill them all off.

Kim

D.W.L.

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My leopard wrasse ate them fairly good. Sixlines were so so. My mandarin was not to bad wither but none could keep up. I have heard one of the best are the yellow coris wrasses.

Alas, siphoning, good skimming, good current and "exit" was the solution for me.

Sea Turtle

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a black leopard Wrasse and have never seen a flat worm in my tank. That's not to say he doesn't eat them though. I may not hav ever had any to begin with. Anyway, he's a great fish and if they do eat flat worms, all the better.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a sixline and now that you mention it I do not see those little white flatworms on the glass anymore.

dadstank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow... 8O
i just posted the same topic!

i didn't read, i just went straight to the new post click...

i have an issue with these also. i am going to pull out whatever rock i can into a fresh water dip, then siphon out what ever i can. i will cover the overflow top with some kind of "filter sock" and blast the tank. then i am going to do a major water change and siphon off what ever else i can....

then i'll watch.

i am going to try and add a 6 line and/or another madarin- if i can find one locally. having live fish shipped and delivered will be rather difficult as i don't know where/when i'll be on a daily basis...

as i said above (or below since this post is now above :) ) i really want to avoid using the exit. ive read enough to know it will work well, but i would certainly prefer to correct this challenge as naturally as possible....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: