~reefchik~

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know if you can try the Tech-M treatment for bryopsis at the same time you have introduced a sea hare to the tank to clean up the hair algae? I got desperate last week and ordered the Tech-M, but when I was browsing at the LFS they had one of these guys and I know they are reputed to do a nice clean up job.

Should I just let the hare do it's thing and pig out and leave the Tech-M (high magnesium levels) for later on to mop up anything he doesn't eat?

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didnt have as much luck as some with the high mg solution, my sons tank still has the byrosis and I did that for awhile. I added a few luttuce nudis too and although they are still in there they havent really helped. He hasnt been cleaning his skimmer enough and over feeds and under circulated tank so I think his issue is just enviromental overload lol.

~reefchik~

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I'm careful about not overfeeding, and I have a light bio-load. My big mistake was removing all the caulerpa from the tank. All it took was a bit of time away from home and no caulerpa, and voila....what a mess.

The sea hare is living up to it's rep, so I think to be safe I'm not going to dose Magnesium now. After all, I don't want to starve the critter. He's doing an ok job.

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad he is working out for ya, be sure to keep him fed or pass him along once your situation is cleared up.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: