A

Anonymous

Len":2rn9xkgu said:
Hehe. I thought you ordered a black background :)

I did. They sent the wrong one. However, for $10 I wasn't about to pitch a fit. I'm trying to go with the flow and not get irritated by the small annoyances of life. Haven't you seen me post a lot less in the Sump? :lol:

Peace,

Chip

A

Anonymous

marillion":zgp1bcgk said:
Quick shot from the phone just now...it's coming along!

tank112509.jpg

Peace,

Chip
THAT is from a phone? I just got a new phone, a Samsung Rugby (I'm rough on phones), but I can only figure out how to send pix to other phones.

So, according to the Wee Bit, that place is for 'shishes', and the ones she likes wind up and go in the tub. Because of the Wee Bit I've got a waterbug across my hoo-hoo now, too.

Quick question, though. How come you didn't just paint the backside of the tank?

A

Anonymous

seamaiden":j8m50h66 said:
THAT is from a phone? I just got a new phone, a Samsung Rugby (I'm rough on phones), but I can only figure out how to send pix to other phones.

HTC's T-Mobile G1 phone. 3.2 megapixel camera on board. :)

I've got a waterbug across my hoo-hoo now, too.

Mmmm...sexy. Can you send me a private pic? ;)

Quick question, though. How come you didn't just paint the backside of the tank?

Because that would take more effort than I'd like to expend. Took me about 15 seconds to pay for the background and 30 seconds to put it across the back of the tank. :D

Peace,

Chip

A

Anonymous

Hey Chip, this might be old news but when I use those plastic backgrounds I like to run a strip of duct tape along the entire length of the top. Keeps spills of saltwater from getting between the backing and the glass and looking all nasty. :D

A

Anonymous

Matt_":28ss3ite said:
Hey Chip, this might be old news but when I use those plastic backgrounds I like to run a strip of duct tape along the entire length of the top. Keeps spills of saltwater from getting between the backing and the glass and looking all nasty. :D

Wow, great tip! I'd never heard that one before. Thanks Matt!

Peace,

Chip

A

Anonymous

30+ baby snails now populate the tank along with the 3 adult snails that hitched in on the live rock..

Day 40 of the cycle, and I'll call the LFS tomorrow to see if my fish were ordered.

All told, this is the longest I've ever had a tank running without fish in it. I'm pretty proud of myself. :)

Peace,

Chip

A

Anonymous

Great news about the snails! I think you'll find your fish will do much better with the patience. :D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: