A

Anonymous

I have a bad case of the "I WANTS" :lol: a local supplier is offering something I have never seen before. Cirrhipathes spiralis-they are calling it a "spiral wire coral". Anybody have any experience with these?

http://www.cherrycorals.com/product.php ... =49&page=1

The accompanying article seems to suggest they take cyclopeeze, which I feed a couple times a week.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tropicorium has them too (they are affiliated with Cherry Corals). I never seen such a critter and we wants one precious ;)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That thing is BEAUTIFUL! 8)

Those look like some great articles linked to the Cherrycorals page. Just need to find some time to read them.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still pondering pulling the trigger :| I know I can't target feed everyday, I'm still working 24 hours shifts.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
reminds me of the ones I saw in Ching Chai's 1000g tank over at RC.
Spiral gorgonian type? or am I missing something?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sfsuphysics":2ygtv0wf said:
reminds me of the ones I saw in Ching Chai's 1000g tank over at RC.
Spiral gorgonian type? or am I missing something?

Yes he's got a couple :)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like it is a black coral because its skeleton is made of chitin, and not gorgonin. I wonder if there are also spiral gorgonians; that's also what I thought Chinchai had.

And a person on another board is saying it's a fast grower that eats almost everything, including mysis!

Saltlick

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ironically, I would want it to stay small. Can you imagine trying to target feed that thing daily.
Weird to hear a reef-keeper type say it, but that one is too much work, lol.
It is as bizarre as coral gets, but when I read it was not capable of using light energy, I thought
that would be nice for someone, but not me. But at least my impulse buy of the Distichopora
many years back taught me SOMETHING. I can't have everything. I am not set up for it. :lol:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: