Sea Turtle

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I for some reason I left the return pump in the sump where the heaters are off last night. :x My tank temp this morning was 70 degrees down from the 80 degrees I normally keep it at. I turned everything back on this morning. I have a lot of sps corals in there. What should I do about this? Will they be ok? Should I bring the temp back up over the course of a coule of days or should I just let the heaters do their job today? I'm going to need some quick advice on this one. Thanks.

rbursek

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the same thing last week RP was off for 20hrs, so it is with my headers in the sump also, just turned it on and let it go. No harm was done, I have done it before since I turn off the RP when I feed, put that was the longest time this time, usually it was only 12-14hrs.

Sea Turtle

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, I have been bringing it up a degree every 4 to 5 hours. I am up to 75 now. I have a ranco device so I can set it digitally. So far so good. I really can't deal with that s*** right now. :x

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not exactly quick, but it happens. I had my 500W titanium heater stop working on me, and during a particular cold streak we've been having, tank got down in the low 70s, corals were fine... strangely what tipped me off was when I put my finger in the tank and it felt colder than normal :)

Petsolutions

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bringing it back up slowly is your best bet, so you are doing it right (my opinion). I would keep an eye on your fish, especially tangs. Often a temperature change like that will bring about the appearance of those lovely little white spots that we all love so much, aka ich.

I would think your corals will be fine, you may see some throw a little extra mucous off but you may not even see that.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: