A

Anonymous

Lost power last night at 7 PM. I just got it back and the tank temp dropped to 68-70 degrees. I am bringing the temp up to 75 today, 78 tomorrow, and then 80 the day after. I am afraid that I may lose some corals. Fortunately, I have battery operated air pumps.

Wish me luck.

A

Anonymous

The only things so far affected are my acans and this guy(forgot what kind of coral):
038bd5.jpg

The acan is showing some skeleton and the other is receeding in spots.

A

Anonymous

Taking the bright side, that's not too bad. FWIW, I've brought back acans by aggressively target feeding them (forceps and mysis soaked in Selcon).

Petsolutions

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see the losses seem to be relatively minimal. Power outages are horrible, and can be real nail biters when they get to be longer term.

Lawdawg, that's an interesting tidbit about bringing back acans with aggressive feeding, I appreciate that. I'll file that one away in my brain for possible future use.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since the blackout I have been feeding cyclopese via turkey baster. Usually I just dump it in the tank, but I have been target feeding since the outage.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck bringing them back.

A friend of mine lost power for the whole weekend when we got the last snow storm. On top of it his boiler was not working in the house. Lost the whole 120G reef. All the fish and corals gone. Lots of $ down the drain.

He is going to try and re-cure the LR in trash cans for a few months.

If this happened to me I would have smashed the whole tank and got out of the hobby.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the acans look better and I think they are on the mend. The other coral is receeding more and a chalice is showing damage now. The chalice is small and looks as though it will not make it.

Thanks for the comments and support.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: