iseeweed

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, My tank is now about 2 years old now and doing pretty good. The 75g tank is packed full of sps, lps, shrooms and a few fish(tang, 6 line wrasse, clown, and a few damsels) Recently I have noticed more and more of those tiny starfish and snails. In the morning those thing are everywhere and getting worse. Any suggestions on how to get rid of some? Will anything eat them??

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically its a sign that these animals are reproducing in your system, IMO nothing to worry about.

However if you're really worried about their numbers, my advice is to simply put your arm in the tank and run your hand up the glass and manually remove them.

Will you get all of them? No, but you'll knock into their numbers so it's a bit more desirable for you until their numbers come back, then do it all over again.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tiny snails are harmless and even slightly beneficial. The starfish are asternia sp. Most are harmless but some eat corals. I wouls just keep an eye on them.

Otherwise, it is a sign of a healthy environment.

Good luck

iseeweed

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input. When the lights come on most of them hide, so the glass isn't peppered with them! I will just keep doing what I'm doing.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: