Twin_II

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

Sometime last night my LTA decided to move last night and was found this morning in half sucked into the power head (all tentacles up inside). I have turned the power head off and tried to nudge it loose but it is firmly inside.

I would appreciate any recommendations on what to do next.

Kind regards,
Sarah

Tank parameters have been steady and the LTA was in the same spot for over a year.

Attachments

• PIC_0025.jpg
    PIC_0025.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 213
  • PIC_0024.jpg
    PIC_0024.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 211

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just let it work it self out, dont pull it at all. Most likely it will die, and already is severely damaged. It should fall loose in a few hours, good luck.

Twin_II

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Ben. It is a sad morning, I still hope for the best and that it's anemone crab isn't inside there too.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My condolences. It’s hard to lose a critter you’ve mothered for so long. :cry:

-Gregory

Twin_II

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Gregory!

It is slowly starting to come out of the ph. It's still too hard to see the total impact, but I can see some of it's tenticals in tact, but there are a lot of fine shreds :cry: still hoping though . . .

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if you should do something for bacterial infections? If survivability is marginal but possible it may help......does anyone know?

-Gregory

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'd be suprised. I have had two anemones get sucked into the fan blades and they both survived, minus a few tentacles of course. Best of luck.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: