A

Anonymous

I just purchased, online, a Hanna pH meter. Before I return the thing, I'd like to know if anyone else finds the buttons exceedingly difficult to press. I have to use a pen and mash down as hard as I can on the MODE button just to turn it on, that doesn't seem right. Unfortunately, that one button is responsible for other controls, such as switching temperature readout from Celsius to Fahrenheit, which I cannot perform using the pen with the meter laid on a hard surface and mashing down with all my might.

Also noticed that the SET/HOLD button has a 'click' to it, and is easier to press once the MODE button has turned the unit on. Should both buttons have that 'click'? How difficult would one say these things should be for a woman to use? More difficult than a telephone or computer?

Len, et alia, I already posted this in the FW forum in the hopes that I could leave a copy here. :)

A

Anonymous

facepalm.gif

:lol:

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not suppose to be that hard to press. I have a lower end Hanna pH meter and a nicer Hanna TDS meter, and both buttons are firm but not difficult to press.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I've asked the seller what we can do about it. I may have to go directly through Hanna at this point.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a look at where it was made. That should explain it.

(So do you ever watch those Chinese kang fu movies where they use fingers to make holes on a metal shield? Yeah, you need to learn some of that to use their products)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That, and a clarification of significant proportions of the instructions by the seller. Yes, I have to use the edge of my fingernail, but right now that's fine. Now, not being able to easily read the display... a backlight and thicker font would have been nice.

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple hanna meters to, both are easy to press buttons. I had to contact hanna about one that wasnt calibrating coreectly and never heard back..

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like it's defective. Try sending Hanna a picture. ;)

Seriously though, which model is it? It sounds maybe like one of the pen style. IME those generally all have crappy displays because they're just too darned small.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also those pen types are often designed to be waterproof, so they use those buttons that are covered up by the printed vinyl sticker overlay and have you push a bump-bubble in the vinyl to depress the actual button beneath. Is yours like that?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it's a waterproof pen meter. I just found out that the tiny pink thing that came out of the cap is the sponge that's supposed to keep the electrode wet. I threw it away! I hope to hell I haven't ruined the electrode already.

I got in contact with the seller, and he gave me much better instructions on how to set temperature mode that were FAR better than what Hanna has in the little manual.

Craig, part of the problem is that I probably need to get glasses. :oops:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once the electrode is dried up, it is ruined. Get that cap back on and make sure you can use it. If you can't get reasonable reading out of it (or if you can't even to get it to calibrate well), you need to get the electrode replaced. For these pen-style pH meter, that usually means it become disposable at that point.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: