Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL. I plan on wearing gloves and a mask :)

I might try rubbing it down instead of a diluated solution, but it's very hard for me to reach all the spots in there (actually quite impossible).

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":2xw04i8p said:
LOL. I plan on wearing gloves and a mask :)

I might try rubbing it down instead of a diluated solution, but it's very hard for me to reach all the spots in there (actually quite impossible).

Use a broom handle with a washcloth duct taped to it ;)

Minh Nguyen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len,
When my tank crashed, it was never the same again even if all the test I can do check out OK. Like you I restarted but I think the problem was the sand bed. I reused all the rock. Use a new sand bed and it was fine, more than fine.
I don't really think you have to bleach the whole thing. How ever, if you want peace of mind that no pathogen are left in the tank, then nuke it.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I'm going to be as thorough as possible. The sand and rock are definitely the suspect, so they're definitely being removed. No amount of water change worked, so I'm sure the substrate is saturated with whatever the problem is.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I having been using clorox with no ill effects so far. Bleach left out will just burn off into the air. Smell your equipment and you will smell if there is any left.

And make sure when cleaning bleach(or any chemical) off the skin that you use COLD water. It will close your pores so it does not get absorbed.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: