A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strange to buy lice rock in Cali from Ohio Len :) Greg runs a tight shop so I bet it's good, but it most likely all ready landed close to you prior to making it to Greg at A.T.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I'd be buying boxed lots that ships out of LA :) They offer more variety then any other place. I was happy enough with my Walt Smith Fiji last time, but since I plan on buying less rock for my rebooted tank, I figure I could spend a little more on exotic rock.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":64s2yetc said:
Well, I'd be buying boxed lots that ships out of LA :) They offer more variety then any other place. I was happy enough with my Walt Smith Fiji last time, but since I plan on buying less rock for my rebooted tank, I figure I could spend a little more on exotic rock.

Just remember what is known as live rock now *is* not what we used to call "live" rock. It tends to sit around much longer now.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya :(

I'll be curing it for at least a month before I add it. I know it's a roll of the dice these days. Nothing I can do about that.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got 2 boxes of Totoka rock from Aquatic Tech that will be available for pick up (right off the plane) tonight! :) I guess I'll be making a trip to LAX.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rocks are in the curing tank. I'll take pics of the new aquascape with the new rocks when it's done. I LOVE the rocks I got. One of the reasons this batch rocks is because I picked up the rocks myself .... a couple hours after they just landed. I asked the guy packing the rocks to select me the type (and size) I was looking for :) It pays to live in LA 8)

I think 100 lbs will fill the new aquascape nicely, especially with the big, porous, branchy pieces I got.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":1fvfciz0 said:
BTW, I'm an idiot and am curing the rocks in my living room. My house smells :?

Strangely, I like that smell. It's almost as good as the smell when removing a 5 year old DSB.

Louey

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dethaw 10 cubes of mysis every few days in a mason jar and pour a bit in the tank every day. I usually keep it in the fridge, I left it out overnight the otherday and when I opened it my whole house stunk like rotting fish lol.

Curing LR I can deal with that smell. Glad you like the rock the pics on their website look nice.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Louey":1mxdqhnf said:
Len":1mxdqhnf said:

Strangely, I like that smell. It's almost as good as the smell when removing a 5 year old DSB.

Louey

I loved that smell since I associate it with the joys of a new tank. But it gets old after a while :P

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":tvegm2g8 said:
LMAO! :lol: :lol: You coulda just asked, we coulda told ya. :lol: I sure do hope there isn't an earthquake, or you'll have to raze the whole thing!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: