A

Anonymous

Thanks Ben. I'm looking forward to firing her up, but God knows when I'll actually have water in the thing...

Hey Bill. I know how you must have felt. I won't be cutting things short here, at least I hope not, but it's put real constraints on what we can do (though I'd been saving for four years for the tank, so it was still doable).

A

Anonymous

Everything (bar the lighting, which is being drop-shipped) arrived today in good condition (thanks to Premium Aquatics!). I'll take the obligatory kit picts once I have the aquarium in a couple of weeks and start a proper build thread then.

jamesw

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you been to Iriomote - there is excellent diving there, and it's close and frequented by Japanese divers. Supposed to be FANTASTIC diving and maybe you can collect some rock and softies there.

Cheers
James

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey James,

Yes, we went to Iriomote in 2005, doing one dive (one of those experience dives - my PADI was 10 years old and I hadn't dived since I got it, so I decided to approach it as a beginner) and snorkeling a fair amount. Absolutely beautiful. I have fond memories of massive schools of Blue Chromis and groups of Rabbit Fish, plus loads of Moorish Idols and Picasso Triggers.

Now we have to work out when we get back there. I loved Okinawa. Not just the reefs, but also the food and people.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exciting news, Tom.

I love watching other people spend their money. I'm looking forward to the build thread over the next few months.

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, we went to Iriomote in 2005, doing one dive (one of those experience dives - my PADI was 10 years old and I hadn't dived since I got it, so I decided to approach it as a beginner) and snorkeling a fair amount. Absolutely beautiful. I have fond memories of massive schools of Blue Chromis and groups of Rabbit Fish, plus loads of Moorish Idols and Picasso Triggers.

Now we have to work out when we get back there. I loved Okinawa. Not just the reefs, but also the food and people.

That sounds cool, I would love to be able to visit Japan and dive, just to expensive for me. I am also not into any seafood and imagine it is mostly seafood restaurants there?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not at all, you can eat all sorts of food here. But of course it's seafood that Japan's famous for.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: