A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ditto... more specifically a bubble tip, E. quadricolor, but the red ones seem to get the most fanfare over green and brown ones :)

But being as I have 8 in one tank, I wouldn't get an anemone :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a RTBA, and it is MIA for 5 days :(

I hate it when it move around like that. Hopefully I can find it tonight when I move some rock around.

kevindub

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my LTA and they are hardy. I got a really colorful green and purple one. It needs sand, but that's about the only special requirement.

Minh Nguyen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For any meaningful recommendation on an anemone species, you got to give information on your tank. Certainly BTA is one of the less demanding and easier anemone to keep, but they tend to wander around and can be a problem in a reef tank.

Minh Nguyen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this going into your new 220? If it is, I would wait a few months first. Once your tank is stable then you can consider an anemone.
You may want to consider H. crispa or H. malu. They stay on the sand bed and relatively easier to keep. If you want something more difficult to keep, consider a H. magnifica. They have very specific requirement. You really want to search well before attempt this anemone. Another anemone that should do well, but you would likely loose fish to is S. haddoni. Very efficient fish eater. I don't recommend this anemone for your tank.

WRASSER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am thinking about it for the 220, I have two maroone clowns and my female is very large for living in a tank. she is not tank raised. i have had her for bout 8 yrs. and she is as big as my had. soooo on that note i need a large anenome. i am not in a hurry to get one, so i agree with lettin the tank run for a while with out one. i am looking for good advice from you all, and i am getting it. I have to admit that Matt was kinda right about my last one, and after bout 18 months it passed. I had also moved and tried to save it. so i think i am ready to do it right this time, with good water quality and bright lights. I am tryin to set the water up in the tank for the anenmone and everything else will be second, as in corals. I also know that the clowns dont need one and if i feel that it wont work out the way i want it too, i will not do it. i am tryin to aquire information to help me and the anenome so be both can be sucessful. I like the heteratis magnifica but i think the move too much also. I havent decided yet. thank you all for your advise and i am looking forward for more.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Minh Nguyen":1c5vhan0 said:
For any meaningful recommendation on an anemone species, you got to give information on your tank. Certainly BTA is one of the less demanding and easier anemone to keep, but they tend to wander around and can be a problem in a reef tank.

Tell me about it. Mine wander off, and no where to be seem. :(

Minh Nguyen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a Maroon, you should try a BTA. BTA would not move into the sand bed. If you isolate it into a small rock island, it will stay there. Make sure the rock island have plenty of holes and crevices as BTA like to hid their foot.
H. magnifica would not be ideal for maroon. The way to keep Magnifica from wander is to put a rock pedestal arrangement with a flat piece of rock on top. Give it moderate flow and make the pedestal right under a bright MH. Set it so that the Magnifica cannot move anywhere without fairly drastic decrease in light and current. I never have my Magnifica chew up by PH or have it wander by keeping them under this type of arrangement.
This picture show the type of arrangement for a Magnifica. He is in a 29 g cube.
FTS2009.03.28.02.jpg

WRASSER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i havent really seen a large BTA do they come in extra large (lol)? i have put smaller anenomes in with her before and she just pounded them to death. If i decide to do it, it will have to be extra large BTA.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: