Jemperior

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have a 90 gal reef with inverts and some fish, but only the juvenile emperor is affected with these tiny white specks on his fins and a slight rusty sheen to his body when he turns sideways. He started last week twitching and laying down over the hermit crabs (for cleaning) and jerky movements. He looked to be in such agony. I purchased a cleaner wrasse, started using extreme garlic on food and in water, he has appeared to improve greatly until this morning. His fins look sugar coated with the tiny specks, but he's still eating like a pig and I am feeding 3-4 times a day, his stomach is full. I believe it's either velvet or ich, the fish has never lost his appetite or his energy. Can I save him?

leftovers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the fish is still eating continue to feed it....an eating fish is a fish that can ward off many a disease...and be patient. Reduce any other stressors...lights or other activities that could further stress the fish...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: