A

Anonymous

My 7 year old Iwaki 30RLXT just bit the dust. I use this as a return pump on my sump. Anyone with any experience using Pan World pumps? The specs make them seem a bit more efficient than the Iwaki.

I'm also wondering about going up to the Iwaki 40 for a bit more flow. I'm concerned about additional noise from the fan. It also draws quite a bit more power than the 30. Any thoughts?

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Panworld is a good pump and runs pretty much like the Iwaki. The reason I think the specs make it seem more efficient is Panworld stats their wattage in terms of nominal output whereas Iwaki states theirs as input power. They really should run about the same.

The Iwaki 40 is definitely louder than the 30. The 30 I had was almost dead quiet, but the 40's fans and vibrations was noticable (not loud, but definitely audible).

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a panworld PS200 now and it is a great pump, it comes with a cord too lol. The fan is a bit noisy though, with my tank stand shut I can't really hear it but its not silent that's for sure. As far as reliability its been solid for the year its been running. I used other pan worlds in the past and had no issues either.

jamesw

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the Iwakis are some of the finest pumps made. When you go up to a pump w/ a cooling fan, it will always seem a LOT louder than the 30.

Cheers
James

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: