Luis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been dosing kalkwasser for years but I got lazy reading my alk levels since March... well , a week ago my xenia started shrinking and its polyps are not fully open then I check parameters and everything looks ok but the alk seems too high that I could not even test it: I added the reagent drop by drop until I got tired! then I got a new sample but I took 2.5 ml instead of 5 ml to get the results faster but nothing I stoped at 12 drops wich means something arround 24 dKH and the sample did not change color !!!! What can I do, the other corals look ok. I have about 20 colonies of xenia and I'm really worry... Thanks for any help.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
stop dosing and don't do anything for a week. Then test again.

my .02

Luis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply, I just test my alk test :) with ocean water and I think the reagent is too old because it could not test the natural sea water either. I will get another test kit. thanks again.

rbursek

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not what salt you use or what your water change schedule is but a AL that high without dosing an Alk suppliment is impossible!!!! Kalk has very little Alk in it and if you added that much Kalk to get your Alk that high your PH would be sky high.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: