Luis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing has change in my tank since a year, same parameters, same fishes, set up, chaeto is growing as usual, every coral look ok but my montipora Capricornis is getting from bright red to pink, any clue? What's the best temperature for capricornis, my tank is 82 F now in summer always is 78 (I think that's not a big change though)

Thanks

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
78 to 82 is a pretty significant change, actually. It may not explain the color fade, but it could ;) Other variables might be water quality (when was your last water change? what are your additives regiment?) or some pest irritating your coral (hopefully not, there are flatworms and snails that does this to monitporas though).

Luis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do a 10% water change once a month, Stroncium and molibdenum and iodine once a week, kalkwasser daily , I've been doing this for more than 2 years and the color in my Monti is fading in the last week. I discovered some tiny nudibranches two weeks ago but I take them off, I hope I caught everyone.... Thanks for your reply :)

I don't add vitamins and stuff like that. Do I have to start?

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those nudis might be it. The fading is definitely a symptom of them. Hopefully with them removed, it'll color back up. I'd still bust out a red light at night and see if there are any more. They're sneaky buggers, but easy to remove if you can see them tho.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: