WRASSER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So many buckets of salt to chose from, so little time... ... in your opinion, which salt is best for the tank?

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh boy, this is a hotly debated topic :) I've gone back to Instant Ocean. It's the one that has worked for me for 20+ years and the one I think I'm going to stick to from here on out. I've had mixed results with other salts, though it's very hard for me to determine whether they were the fault of the salt mix or something else.

WRASSER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Len, Im going to save and set up an r/o unit to start makeing my own. my concern is cal., alk., and mag. So, i am looking to get some advise. and thank you for yours.

dirtysumpguy

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used 3 different brands over 9 years - IO, reef crystals, and Tropic Marin. I have to say that tropic marin is by far my favorite and the one I've had the best results with

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":2squ7rni said:
Oh boy, this is a hotly debated topic :) I've gone back to Instant Ocean.

In the new nano I switched my 20+ year habit from IO to the reef crystals, and I really like the results I'm getting 8)

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i get brown crap in my buckets .. and so in the water.. with IO and reef crystals.

i recently swapped to SeaChem ReefSalt and really like it so far.

b

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: