• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I got both a Cherub and an African Flameback with my Live Aquaria order this week, with my plan being to put one in my 20g and one in my 180g. I am not sure what I was thinking because a 20g is too small for a dwarf angel. I ended up transferring the one in the 20g to the 180g, so both are in the 180g now. Both are fairly small in size, less than an inch in length.

After about 18 hours, both are hanging out together on one side of the tank. The Cherub is a bit larger than the Flameback, and will swim after the Flameback from time to time. There is no fast chasing going on, and it's only from time to time. Neither is breathing heavily, either, and the flameback spends most of his time looking for food, looking relaxed. They appear at this time to be coexisting fairly well.

My question is this: will this attitude change as they get older, or will they continue to tolerate each other because of the familiarity they had with each other at a young age?

Mike612

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both those species of angels are known to be more aggressive than other dwarf angels, but in a 180 gallon, I don't see a problem arising. Since they both hang out on the same side of the aquarium, odds are that there will be some aggression here and there, but I don't think it will be anything serious.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: