WRASSER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was looking a little on line bout mysis shrimp. If i buy 250 shrimp can i store them in my refugium?

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can if they're the saltwater variety :P Just avoid high flow or any pump intakes.

WRASSER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:? good point, i dont have hi-flow to the tank ,between tryin to keep the water in the refugium and in the uv light, but it does flow. (its a mag 12 split to run a 220) lol ,I can see me now try to chase them around in the pump area. i have sum grass, ok i guess i can try it for the love of the fish...

WRASSER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that has a lot of good info, thank you. What i am tryin to do is store them for food ,for the main tank. i dont think you can buy them in small quanities, it is like 250 or more. lol I guess i am thinking out loud and tryin to get some natural food for the fish in the tank.

WRASSER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i saw that earlier, hence the question bout the refugium. i dont know how much $ amount is a good deal. 200 would last a while, if i can keep them in the refugium. i really dont have the room or the money to start a small tank just for them.

WRASSER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe im going tooo far left... ... i have some fish that are eatin but little nibbles. Will ghost, brine shrimp and maybe blood worms be as good. Instead of going threw all the trouble tryin to get mysis... ... i dont know.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WRASSER":34hxxlci said:
maybe im going tooo far left... ... i have some fish that are eatin but little nibbles. Will ghost, brine shrimp and maybe blood worms be as good. Instead of going threw all the trouble tryin to get mysis... ... i dont know.
What exactly are you considering feeding the live Mysis to?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WRASSER":7zqra38a said:
i have some wrasse...

lol, gotcha, I should have looked twice at your username. ;)

I have a feeling that most would get eaten fairly quickly, and it'd end up being more of a one-time treat.

Frozen mysis is a great food, and together with the other frozen stuff you listed should provide a very well-rounded carnivore diet.

WRASSER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
agreed, i feed RODS now. i was thinking that if you had a fish that didnt eat for ya, maybe live mysis would help to get them to eat. Were else but a refugium to keep them alive and not start another tank just for them.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live brine (preferably gut loaded with phytoplankton) is another good choice for finicky fish, as are the frozen Cyclop-eeze.

WRASSER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i have a confession, Matt advised agaisnt it, i picked up three purpl anthiais. one male and two females. i think, im thinking one is both male and female. this one is not eatin much, it nibbles at some RODS. i also put in frozen mysis. sooo i really dont want to loose the fish and i am tryin to figure things out. i am going to try ghost shrimp tomarrow.
i have herd that brine has no nutrientional value to them. Do you just add photo to the container and they eat it, then feed, or do you have to set up a tank just for brine?
the male eats like a pig and i try to feed two to three times a day in small amounts, the female eats good too. i am concern bout the third one. the other tankmates do not bother them at all. so there is less stress on the anthias.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: