fishforu

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently have a 30 gallon tank with a paired b&w clownfish hosting an anemone,
coral beauty, and a flasher wrasse.

Is it safe to add another flasher wrasse to the tank? If yes, does it have to be an opposite sex flasher to the one I currently have? If yes, how do you sex a flasher wrasse?

Note, I perform a 5-7 gallons weekly water change and the tank has a Deltec MCE600 skimmer, so I think bio-load is safe. If not, let me know.

Thanks.

Frank A.1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a tank that size it might be better to have only one male and one or two females. The males are most always larger and their colors are more vibrant,the males of most species have a more elongated dorsal fin filaments. Some flashers are more aggressive than others, might help to do some research first.
Lots of luck,

fishforu

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a filamented flasher wrasse. So I assume it's safe to add another male filamented flasher wrasse and not have to worry about aggressive behavior toward each other?
Thanks.

Mike612

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two male wrasses will fight. It's not a good idea. I think you're better off sticking with the one wrasse you have in that size tank, especially since you already have 3 other fish in there. You're maxed out on fish.

Frank A.1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
P. filamentosus males will fight. maybe if you had a 150 gal.and put them both in at the same time it might be alright. Also with this species females are kind of hard to find.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: