WRASSER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok i have some "egg crate" and want to attach screen to it, then to the back of the canopy. Question.. .. any advise on what to use to attach the screen to egg crate? ty

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I had a canopy I just used velcro to stick vinyl window screen to the back of the tank/canopy.

WRASSER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
everyone so far has GREAT ideas... ... i was thinking before i posted the question, was hot glue. do you think it will be a waste of time using it?

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hot glue could work, but I found it tends to come loose on most surfaces. But if it's not supporting any weight, I don't see any problem with it. I'm not sure how lighting heat effects it though ;)

JD'sReef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about using that Spray on Glue (in a can) you can pick up at Auto Stores. Basically you could spray the egg crate then lay the screen on top in a tight manner. It would look the cleanest, but I am not sure if I fully grasp the issue you are trying to solve.
J.

WRASSER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you know of thought of that, then the tempature of the lights came into mind and i dont think that will work. :?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used bird netting from home improvement stores and 'command strip' hooks superglued to the top of the tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: