WRASSER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i recently purchased a R/O unit. I have been pondering what len had asked in a earlier post about the R/O waste water. question, if there was a way to recycle the waste water, you could send it through the R/O unit and use the waste again? is it possible, correct? ty

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm collecting it to water plants. You can run it through the RO again, but you'd need a pressurized pump to feed your RO, and your RO membrane is not going to like the high TDS (waste water is usually around 600ppm). It'll kill the membrane fast, and you are unlikely to get 0ppm water from water that dirty.

WRASSER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might be mistaken but, wouldnt the waste water be less since it went through the R/O unit once? i think im not understanding how it works then, im thinking it has gone through two canisters speratered, by the third, waste water goes out and R/O water goes through the fourth canister. It is ok if i cant use the water again. I think i need some help understanding how it works... ...thank you for all your help.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The waste water is what flushes the membrane clean, sure it's been through the sediment and carbon filter but it does not go through the membrane. So you get the TDS of your tap plus whatever he clean water rejects.

WRASSER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welp thats it, i will water the grass and fill the pool with the left over water 8) thank you again

JD'sReef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't it then be more cost effective to just use a two or three stage tap water filter from home depot in this case. Why create the waste if you are only going to reuse it.
Just a thought.
J.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think he meant reuse as in stick back through the membrane to clean up again.

But there are quite a few people who have very clean water to start with, low TDS and all that rot and they simply send it through sediment and carbon, then through deionizing resin without any sort of RO membrane.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: