A

Anonymous

It really bite! What am I going to do? I really need to move rock and pull algea out with my arm in there... Wearing a long glove is just not very manly to me.

<7E screams like a girl when the fish attacks>

A

Anonymous

I'd hold a long item (I'm thinking something like a long-handled algae scraper) with one hand and try to distract it with that while I was doing what I had to do with the other hand.

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When mine come after me I try to pretend it doesnt hurt and chase her around with my finger and flick her when I can get her, this keeps her away for a few moments.

WRASSER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ben is right, use your hand as a defense/ offense and chase the fish. Not aggressive or violent, but just enough to let it know your not gonna take it. :wink:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The distraction works for some quick in tank maneuvers. If I need to scrape the tank for any length of time, I usually take my clown out in a cup. That thing bites my arm like crazy. :evil:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine took a chunk out of the webbing between my thumb and index finger.

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah mine always wanted to go for the skin between my fingers two. My old female perc was had to deter and there was a few times I had to net her to get larger jobs done otherwise flicking did the trick lol.

Lars

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I thought my clown was the only freak. Mine attcks as well. I just put up with it. Sometimes he does get a good one in. Funny thing though, if I keep my hand still and just wiggle my fingers slowly (like tenticles of an anemone) he swims through them and rubs against them without any aggressivenes. Strange but fun.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I can hold my hand still knowing she is going to bite (psychological weakness :oops: ), and she go after my "sensitive" part of my arm (forearm, and she aim pretty well). My hand is pretty insensitive, but she leave it alone. I don't have a spare arm to chase her around (tank is 30 inch deep, and I need my other hand to keep me from falling in). I need to do a few minutes of work every day for several weeks (lack of time... three kids, full time job, etc.), and so catching her will definitly work, but probably will take 75% of my time (she is not easy to net).

I don't think any of you warned me about this issue, so you all owe me a favor big time :evil: :lol:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: