fungia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it looks like a regular filter pad, what is special about it? i guess my question is, does it work? they are not very cheap.

Sea Turtle

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had some issues with my tank and the corals in it. Losing color, tissue, etc. I think that it was the nutrients in the water and probably some other things as well. Anyway, I used two of these poly pads along with large water changes, phosban reactor, carbon, refugium, etc... and my tank did get better very quickly. All my corals are thriving now. Was it the poly pad, I don;t know, maybe it helped. The guy at the lfs swore by it. Said that a lot of people use them on a daily basis. Some of them even change colors to indicate what they are obsorbing. If I had to guess, they are worthless. Like you said, they are very expensive and sure, the lfs guys wants me to spend money, lots of it. I don;t think that I have ever gone there without him talking me into something that requires my credit card. Just use carbon and you'll be fine. Does the same thing if I had to guess.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: