Sea Turtle

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might want to check out the fish forum.

My friend has a fresh water tank with a couple of Jack Dempseies in there. The other day he said there are now hundreds of baby Jack's swimming all over the place. He said that they are very protective of them also.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think meat's looking for freshwater fishes, though.

ORA is a company that sells captive-bred and raised fish. Tank-raised may mean that they were caught in the wild and then raised in captivity, is your definition of 'tank-raised' that broad, meathelmet? It's not a problem if it is, I just thought that you should be aware of labeling, so to speak.

In any event, there is nowhere near the plethora of salties as compared to freshwater animals currently available. Benthics are much easier to get a hold of nowadays, but there are those fish. Some gobies, certainly clownfishes, not sure of what else is available. You might want to contact Gresham, I think he knows everyone that might have them.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
meathelmet2":17xvnn0s said:
Or a list of fish that can be successfully bred in captivity.
There's a great book about this:
51MNWYS9ZgL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Using the preview function on this link you can flip ahead to the Table of Contents and see a nice list of fish that have been captive bred.

meathelmet2

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for clearing up the definition of "tank raised". I am trying to build a zero impact reef. Meaning nothing from the ocean. So far my tank has been setup for a month and everything in it was man made. I made all my own rocks Then seeded them with Garf Grunge and pieces from buddies tanks. I plan on starting all my corals out as frags from the same buddies. The only thing holding me back now are the fish.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: