John76

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Hi all , having a problem with algea I have a 80 gallon spliced with a 20 gallon frag tank, issue is I'm getting green and hair algea in the frag tank I was wondering if there is a way to trick it to grow in my sump by adding a light

Actinic Atoll

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I was going to try growing algae in a a sump or anywhere else, I might be tempted to buy or DIY something like this. SURF2 or SURF2x floating surface Ribbon Scrubber with Green Grabber surfaces - 2 cubes feeding per day

They have larger and smaller sizes, rated by how many cubes of frozen you feed in a day, pretty neat. Which One?

Or you can make a "reactor" shaped one with a pump etc.
I'm kinda attracted to these Santa Monica filters for their form factor and simplicity. They are just foam, LED and air pump. Most models to a fairly good job at keeping the light containted

I don't have an algae problem, but like anyone else I'm constantly knocking down nitrate one way or the other. One day I may give algae scrubbing a try.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: