Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
How is everyone doing? I hope our MR family is doing well and have not suffered any losses. Being in NYC and the surrounding area puts us right in the middle of ground zero for a second time in my lifetime.

It has been a really bad two months for me, but as of now it seems that the worst is behind me. If anyone needs any help on the Upper West Side please shoot me a PM. I had COVID-19 and feel confident that I am immune. If anyone that is immuno-compromised or home bound needs someone to pick up groceries or something please let me know. (I am on 90th Street)

Alfred

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Wow, glad to hear you are ok. This has been crazy and far scarier in this area than most. For those that think this is made up, they should be dropped off in NYC with no PPE and start giving out hugs!

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Doesn’t help now that kids are getting sick. I have five.

My wife, kids and I all had it in early March. Fortunately we all recovered quickly. My mom and grandmother were not as lucky. My grandmother died from it and my mother almost did. It was the worst month of my life going there snd back home to take care of them and not being able to get any medical help.

But it made me realize how fortunate we are that we are not alone. If it wasn’t for that my mom and stepdad would most likely not have made it. So I promised that if there was anything I could do to be sure that some other person wouldn’t lose their mom or grandmother I would make myself available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A4edwin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m sorry for your loss. My wife lost an uncle then her grandmother on Mother’s Day. I drove into maple grove cemetery on Monday to leave some flowers at my father in laws grave and the amount of open graves is so creepy.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I’m sorry for your loss. My wife lost an uncle then her grandmother on Mother’s Day. I drove into maple grove cemetery on Monday to leave some flowers at my father in laws grave and the amount of open graves is so creepy.

We still haven’t gotten her cremains yet and she died on April 5th. I couldn’t find a funeral home and the Medical Examiner told us we had two weeks or they would have to put her in a mass grave. Thankfully found one in New Jersey but it has been rough not having a funeral or any kind of chance for a final goodbye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That is so sad to hear and I too am sorry for your loss. It is unreal that you were given such a disrespectful ultimatum and it makes me angry and sick to my stomach. This is the United States of America and we are New Yorkers and so much better than that. Your Grandmother and your family deserve so much more and I am sorry. This is heartbreaking to read.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
That is so sad to hear and I too am sorry for your loss. It is unreal that you were given such a disrespectful ultimatum and it makes me angry and sick to my stomach. This is the United States of America and we are New Yorkers and so much better than that. Your Grandmother and your family deserve so much more and I am sorry. This is heartbreaking to read.
One thing I want to clarify... The representative from the ME's office was extremely nice and sympathetic. She made it clear that if I needed more time (but actually had a funeral home that just couldn't get to it yet) they would do everything they could do to accommodate us. I do not blame them, they did everything they could to make this process as stress free as the circumstances allowed. Frankly, they were overwhelmed as was every emergency and medical agency in NYC and I have nothing but respect for what they do. In my eyes they need to get some credit for the incredibly difficult job they have had to deal with as well. It must be so much harder to have to deal with family when they didn't get to be with their loved ones when they passed then to have to tell them that they can't see them now or in many cases even have a funeral.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hey. Sorry for your loss. I know you said you feel like you are immune but Make sure you are still careful though because They still don’t know if you can get it again

I agree.to a point. But my personal experience when I was forced to go into a hot zone, basically swim through virus every day, was that I would get a low grade fever and feel like garbage for half a day then get better. Once we fight off most viruses it takes about 30 days for us to reach peak immunity. In my case I had to wade in after just a week.

I still take precautions, but I know I have a much smaller chance of reinfection than someone that has not been exposed and especially someone with a pre-existing condition or that is immune compromised. So I will take acceptable risks if it means helping someone that needs the help. (I still have enough N95 masks and gloves to last me through this pandemic)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: