evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Ok, so things here aren't ideal and want to reduce the stress in life to more of an ideal life style where my family can live life to the fullest while soaking in some sun.

We've pretty much got the mindset we are moving in a little over a year, June 2021 due to school, down to FL. Going down this year to take a look at a few potential destinations and go from there. Possible destinations: Port St Lucia, Saratosa, Cape Coral and St Petersburg area.

This includes selling the house and then finding a place at the same time. What a headache that will be with a house worth of crap to load up with us. **Plan to use movers.**

Now, that being said. Any suggestion if possible to move a fish tank from jersey to FL? I don't think it'll be too bad if I will have a house as soon as we get down there. However, we may end up in an AIRBNB while shopping around. If that is the case, I can pretty much kiss my corals and live stock goodbye. I'll just sell a month or two beforehand.

Either way, anyone ever had to do this? 20+ hr drive destination with possible layover.

Big pluses, Jason fox is in FL and WWC so I'll have some sick coral action!

Thanks for any info.
Mike

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I am assuming. I will have to do the same. Not sure if I want to keep buying anything right now. Will suck to have to sell in a year from now.

rufus / diogee

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so things here aren't ideal and want to reduce the stress in life to more of an ideal life style where my family can live life to the fullest while soaking in some sun.

We've pretty much got the mindset we are moving in a little over a year, June 2021 due to school, down to FL. Going down this year to take a look at a few potential destinations and go from there. Possible destinations: Port St Lucia, Saratosa, Cape Coral and St Petersburg area.

This includes selling the house and then finding a place at the same time. What a headache that will be with a house worth of crap to load up with us. **Plan to use movers.**

Now, that being said. Any suggestion if possible to move a fish tank from jersey to FL? I don't think it'll be too bad if I will have a house as soon as we get down there. However, we may end up in an AIRBNB while shopping around. If that is the case, I can pretty much kiss my corals and live stock goodbye. I'll just sell a month or two beforehand.

Either way, anyone ever had to do this? 20+ hr drive destination with possible layover.

Big pluses, Jason fox is in FL and WWC so I'll have some sick coral action!

Thanks for any info.
Mike
just moved from Florida to NEW YORK if you are hiring a moving company do NOT ship tank and livestock . my delivery was 10 days late and they really don't take great care of your property. I would suggest you sell live stock and just ship tank and all your supplies so once you get settled in you can rebuild. It will be an exciting time. I know you must love your livestock and took a long time to get it where it is , but having everything go Perfect in a move like that has very low odds. just my opinion sincerely Harry

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
just moved from Florida to NEW YORK if you are hiring a moving company do NOT ship tank and livestock . my delivery was 10 days late and they really don't take great care of your property. I would suggest you sell live stock and just ship tank and all your supplies so once you get settled in you can rebuild. It will be an exciting time. I know you must love your livestock and took a long time to get it where it is , but having everything go Perfect in a move like that has very low odds. just my opinion sincerely Harry

I appreciate this feedback.

Where in florida were you? Any insight about best locations for a family? Likes and dislikes, any info is appreciated. I like knowing better so I go in without going in blind.

Been to florida a few times but not to really look at moving there.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: