4Fish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it just me, but do you guys have that bad feeling way way way back in your mind, that every time you come home from work to look at your tank you will find a big leak!!! I have 300 gallon built into my wall, and feel this way every now and then, and then think of the madness that would ensure if this happened. I have Apex leak detectors all over the place.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
You guys need to set up secondary containment, if you're concerned, If they leaked, it would probably be a slow one, from a hair line crack, or silicone giving. Both of which gives plenty of time for you to empty it out and replace it. I've seen a tank crash open also, at a store, where the tank was too high, and the glass to thin. A catastrophic break like that is unlikely unless you have an earthquake, but soggy carpet and moldy wood is just a matter of time, much like under the sink or counter top.

Reef lover24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
this is defaintely a nightmare of mind and has happened to be on my 60 cube.. The side seal blew out and water spewed all over my carpet in my old apartment... I thought I was having a dream but it was actually occurring. Rushed as fast as I could to save the live stock and then worry about the clean up after...

needless to say that cleanup was not fun.. Again, not the capacity of a 300g but it still sucked. I think I am scarred for life now.

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
I have 800 gallon display with 350 gallon sump and when I come home from work I go in my sunroom and walk around the tank and when my wife calls me at work I get the same feeling..

CDANN76

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Always get this feeling with my 72 bow, since its 9-10 yrs old. And especially since a few months ago when my sons 1 month old 10 gal leaked out the bottom, we caught it in time but still a big mess, couldn't imagine a 300 plus gal tank..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: