Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me share with you a very interesting observation I’ve made... and intriguing...

My chaeto was not doing well because of low nutrient conditions... So I just decided to remove it and turn off my fuge nocturnal lights.

0C4918F2-C559-471E-B5E9-723D99AFBF09.jpeg

My nocturnal ph drop reappeared.

BA8CF4A7-E087-49E0-841C-BFB5495CE6E8.jpeg

Then I just decided to put some very small frags on the fuge and turned my fuge light back on...

Surprisingly, with no algae on the fuge and those really tiny frags I just noticed my ph drop being readly attenuated again.

67E618B6-D3ED-458C-8B3C-B30BC4455ACC.jpeg

My interpretation is that it seems there are far more microscopic photosynthesizers than we usually assume. I have no concrete evidence of that.

58A42281-86F1-4FDA-A66A-7466555936A5.png

Ocelaris

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yeah, I think it's hard to draw conclusions; it can also vary dramatically by the amount of food fed. On days that I feed a lot my pH drop is much steeper, even continuing into the night. It's not reasonable that a few frags would be able to consume that much CO2.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I think it's hard to draw conclusions; it can also vary dramatically by the amount of food fed. On days that I feed a lot my pH drop is much steeper, even continuing into the night. It's not reasonable that a few frags would be able to consume that much CO2.

Yeah, it keeps happening. No chaeto and the night drop is quite small. Neither do I think those corals are doing this, maybe microscopic plankton...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: