Poseidon87

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey MR ,

I am hoping someone can help me. I have a RSR 350 and I am moving from one apartment to another apartment in my building but only have 2 days to do this, tomorrow and Saturday unfortunately. Can anyone who has done this before or has knowledge of the best way of doing this without crashing my tank or killing anything help?

Thank you in advance.

sun1914

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Ive done this a few times already and have had success each time. Empty as much of the tank as you can water wise. Home depot buckets are the cheapest route. Leave the sand in the tank and muscle that bitcg into the new apartment. Once u have the tank in the new spot start dumping that same water back into the tank. Slowly!!! So u dont stir up a bunch of sish out the sandbed and cause a algae bloom.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

SALTCREEP

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
242   3   1
Have 30 gallons of fresh saltwater mixed already at your new apartment in a 40 gallon brute. Get new sand and use as much as your tank water as possible without any detritus in it. Keep your livestock in buckets for a couple of hours until you have the tank moved into your new apartment. Then set it back up, run it, and once the tank water is clear put everything back in your tank. Use fresh filter socks to help clear the water up faster. I've done this numerous times with great success

Poseidon87

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Have 30 gallons of fresh saltwater mixed already at your new apartment in a 40 gallon brute. Get new sand and use as much as your tank water as possible without any detritus in it. Keep your livestock in buckets for a couple of hours until you have the tank moved into your new apartment. Then set it back up, run it, and once the tank water is clear put everything back in your tank. Use fresh filter socks to help clear the water up faster. I've done this numerous times with great success

This is exactly what I wound up doing so far everything is thriving only issue is the scape is different, no matter how hard I tried I couldn't match it lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: