Markbluereef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im having a bacteria bloom and wanted to try a sterilizer for my 57 gallon reef. Anyone use the Green Killing Machine or similar plug and play. Any LFS on Long Island or Queens carry them?

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I had a couple of blooms, this past few months and this product, ultralife, red slime remover, seems to destroy, and I mean obliterate any sort of bacterial, phytoplanton, hair/slime/ got my glass so clean, one of my kole tangs starved to death. without affecting the biological filtration. Its some sort of metabolite/accelerator. that feeds off nutrients and breaks it down into something that these organisms can't use. My ricordea are excreting their wastes, so whatever this stuff is, its creating food/biomass that ricordea can eat. Macro algae does not seem affected by this stuff, and has grown in, I assume soaking up the elemental nutrients this stuff is generating. I'm also using microbacter 7 to keep the biological filtration stable, while this is all going on. Its weird but magical.

Markbluereef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im having a bacteria bloom and wanted to try a sterilizer for my 57 gallon reef. Anyone use the Green Killing Machine or similar plug and play. Any LFS on Long Island or Queens carry them?
I bought the 9w Green Killing Machine. It totaly cleared the tank in 24 hrs. I wanted the larger 24w but it didnt fit in my sump. After a few days im running it 2 hrs a day to maintain the clarity. I recommend this.

Reefer22

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I bought the 9w Green Killing Machine. It totaly cleared the tank in 24 hrs. I wanted the larger 24w but it didnt fit in my sump. After a few days im running it 2 hrs a day to maintain the clarity. I recommend this.
Hi Mark, where in Queens/LI did you find it. I'm having a similar issue but mine is with red/green slime after dosing Nopox. Was yours the same?

Markbluereef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Mark, where in Queens/LI did you find it. I'm having a similar issue but mine is with red/green slime after dosing Nopox. Was yours the same?
I had a bacterial bloom from vodka overdose. My nitrate was high but i didnt use the prescibed dose. Dont fix it if it broken. Nearly crash my tank. Most Petco carry them. I found it at Littleneck. Ran it 24hrs for a couple days. Now i run it for a couple hrs and my water is so clear.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: