Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Anyone have lots of different macro for fuge? Looking for different strains and colors for a display fuge tied into main display. Ideally would like to pick up 5+ varieties.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
if you go to Jamaica Bay, Cross bay blvd parking lot on the island, there are at least 3 species of macros there, the red gracilas, regular ulva and the thin long ulva, There are other red algae species, a stringy one that fish dont like and also some kelp, but those are not too useful. easily harvested during low tide.
Give them a good fresh water bath before use. or grow them out in a separate container before introducing into your tank.

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
if you go to Jamaica Bay, Cross bay blvd parking lot on the island, there are at least 3 species of macros there, the red gracilas, regular ulva and the thin long ulva, There are other red algae species, a stringy one that fish dont like and also some kelp, but those are not too useful. easily harvested during low tide.
Give them a good fresh water bath before use. or grow them out in a separate container before introducing into your tank.
Thanks, I am up north so no go for me but wish I was closer because I would if I could.

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
how good do they do in a reef where temp is normally 75-80?

Evillal5

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This seller from eBay has great deals for mix micro algea packs user name is pickuraddicton and shipping is like $10 dollars or so

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: