postie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reviews on rodi systems are lacking in positives. Any preferred systems out there? And any comment on the Aquaticlife Buddie? Tank is 36g reef. I do see that universal cartridges will not work, but I like the portability.

Screenshot_20201218-200004_Amazon Shopping.jpg

ichthyogeek

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't provide you with a review, but I did compile a small set of data which allows you to easily compare RODI units!

A4edwin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Spectra pure or brs. I have the brs 75gpd but i left it out during the winter and it froze. When I replaced the cartridges I upgraded it to 100 gpd. I like it haven’t had any problems with it aside from the freezing but that was my fault. And it’s still out in the yard.

postie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't provide you with a review, but I did compile a small set of data which allows you to easily compare RODI units!

Very impressive and also very helpful. Thank you for sharing that info!

seldin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
I use the Aquaticlife Twist-in 100 GPD. I really like no tools needed to twist on or off cartridges. Negative is not standard cartridges. Works great. Sometimes having a NYC apartment with water issues, what I learned to do, is if the sediment cartridge clogs, I remove it and shake it, and the clog is solved without having to use a new cartridge.

I have it installed under my bathroom cabinet.

PS. I recommend using an in-line triple TDS meter. Ensures it is working well and I think will help to determine when cartridges need changing.

Last edited:

35ppt

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I originally got the Aquatic Life twist in unit, it works. But if you are not constrained by space I recommend getting a unit that uses the standard 10" filters. You have better expandability and end up paying less in the long run when it comes to filter replacements. The nice thing about the universal 10" units is that you can use 1um or 5um or whatever you want. It's also very easy to add additional stages, gauges, in-line TDS meters etc.

Which 10" units are the best? I don't know. I've only used a GE one designed for RVs that I salvaged off a sailboat and added a DI stage to. But I would assume they're all pretty similar and what really matters is what filters you decide to put in it. I use the filters BRS sells.

ichthyogeek

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The filters are basically interchangeable, so my plan is to go with whatever brand is cheapest at the time and buy in relative bulk.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: